Steven Pace has more than 22 years of experience in civil construction and forensic consulting. Prior to dedicating his career to forensic consulting and litigation support, Steven was a licensed General Contractor where he managed a civil construction company with up to 80 full time personnel. Steven’s areas of expertise are blasting and construction activity damage, concrete construction, construction defects, construction site negligence, fire and smoke damage, catastrophe response, highway construction/design, structural wind damage assessments, maritime construction and maintenance, residential and commercial roofing, storm water facilities, and utility construction, among others. Steven has valuable experience in litigation support services for various types of cases. He has taught courses on Commercial Component Failures: Repair vs Replace, Addressing Misconceptions: Mold, Blasting and Residential Damage, Flood Damage Assessment, Damages to Exterior Wall Cladding, and many others.
AL, AR, CO, CT, FL, HI, GA(S.E.), KY, LA, MD, MA, MS, MO, NY, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, UT
Certified Mold Inspector (NORMI)
Certified Bridge Inspector (FHWA)
Certified Advanced Open Water Diver (PADI)
Certified Aerial Platform Operator
Affiliations: American Society of Civil engineers (ASCE), International Association of Marine Investigators (IAMI), NCEES
- Catastrophic response team leader for numerous hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, explosions, and other major events.
- Assessment for wind damage to 174 condominium units in Miami Florida.
- Bridge deck studies utilizing physical observations and petrographic analysis to determine the cause of voids after latex modified overlays on 13 bridges on I-40 in North Carolina.
- Litigation support for hardscape deficiencies at a multi use shopping complex in Kentucky.
- Tornado damage assessment to a water treatment facility in Hattiesburg, MS.
- Wind damage assessments to commercial steel frame dry dock boat storage facilities.
- Numerous tornado damage assessments to steel frame commercial structures throughout the southeast.
- Study to determine the cause of a façade failure on a commercial structure and provided repair recommendations. Included expert witness services.
- Determine the extent of damage to asphalt pavement on a five lane US highway as a result of a spilled cargo from a tanker truck accident.
- Numerous studies to determine wind and/or wave action damage to commercial maritime dock facilities.
- Study of 32 buildings on a US college campus to determine whether they were damaged by wind and/or hail. Roof covering types included, EPDM, SPF, metal, and asphalt shingle.
- Determined whether flood waters or hurricane winds from Hurricane Florence damaged a historic residential structure built in 1767.
- Forensic study to determine whether the beachfront condominium building’s foundation was damaged by storm surge during Hurricane Irma and provided expert testimony, Miami, Florida.
- Evaluation of a dam cell on the Kentucky River to determine whether it was damaged from concrete placement during heavy rains.
- Expert witness services for construction defects on a residential structure in Nashville, Tennessee.